Services and Hire Terms and Conditions
Hire Terms and Conditions of trade
When you book our services you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following
relationship with you.
The term ‘Cahoots’ ‘Cahoots Events’ ‘us’ ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to the owner of the website
www.cahoots.events, the business and or hire items. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the
user, viewer or client of our website and hirer of our products and services.
- All quotes remain valid for 1 month only.
2. Availability “Unless otherwise agreed”
- Our services and hire items are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- When applicable, applies to all charges shown at current rate at the time of making payments.
4. Booking Confirmation
- We work on a strict first come first served basis and reserve the right to decline. We are unable to hold dates for our services or hire items without one of the following forms of confirmation.
None Account Holders
- A non refundable “booking fee” is required to hold our services for your date and will be deducted from the final invoice balance.
- If your event is within 3 weeks at the time of booking, your full balance payment is required.
- Your booking is confirmed only when we have received acceptance of your quote from you in writing.
- BACS payments - Free of charge. Our account details are on your quotation. Reference your initial and surname.
- Debit card payments - Free of charge.
- Credit card payments - Free of charge.
- Commercial/Business credit cards - Free of charge.
- Cheques are not accepted.
- Cash payments over the counter - 1.5% on the value deposited over the counter.
6. Payments Terms
None Account Holders
- Your balance payment is due no later than 3 weeks prior to your event date.
- Your balance payment is due no later than 30 calendar days from your invoice date.
- Cancellation of your booking at any time and for whatever reason will result in the forfeit of the whole amount of your booking fee.
- Cancellation fees within 8 weeks of your hire date - we reserve the right to invoice 50% plus vat of the total amount of your booking at the time of cancellation.
- Cancellation fees within 6 weeks of your hire date - we reserve the right to invoice 65% plus vat of the total amount of your booking at the time of cancellation.
- Cancellation fees within 4 weeks of your hire date - we reserve the right to invoice 85% plus vat of the total amount of your booking at the time of cancellation.
- Cancellation fees within 3 weeks of your hire date - we reserve the right to invoice 100% plus vat of the total amount of your booking at the time of cancellation.
- All payments (excluding any card charges) prior to cancelation will be credited towards cancelation fees due at time of cancelation. Any subsequent balance remaining will be refunded to you within 10 working days.
8. Responsibility of hire items
- You the hirer are solely responsible for the items during the hire period and we advise you to take out adequate insurance to cover any loss.
- All hire items, storage sacks or containers remain the property of Cahoots at all times.
- Cahoots is not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property caused by items hired, unless our goods are proven to be faulty.
9. Hire Period
- The hire period starts once the items are delivered to the requested site or collected from our office.
- The hire period ends only when we collect the items from site, or when they are returned to us.
- Your complete order of hired items and containers must be available for collection after your event.
10. Loss and Damages
Our hire prices are inclusive of general laundering and cleaning costs.
- In the very rare event that damage has been caused to hire items purposefully, or by treating them without care, additional laundering, repair or replacement charges will be incurred.
- All damaged goods remain the property of Cahoots at all times.
- It is your responsibility to recover any losses to hire items incurred from any third party involved.
- Loss or damage to hired items is charged at full replacement value.
- No substitute items will be accepted for the loss of hire items.
- Replacement costs of any of our hire items are available on request.
- If damage or loss to hire items has occurred, we will invoice you directly after your event.
- The balance for the loss or damage must be settled within 30 days of receipt of your invoice.
Cahoots Events Ltd